Toyota Tsusho Group has identified the priority issues and they are related to 14 of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). If every employee engages in business activities with these CSR priorities in mind, this will lead to sustainable growth of the company as well as contribution to the resolution of social issues and achievement of the SDGs. These CSR priorities will be reviewed periodically.
Toyota Tsusho Group’s Safety and Health policy
- Recognizing that good communications are paramount for ensuring safety and health, top management places a high premium on dialogue with employees.
- While strictly adhering to relevant safety and health laws and the internal workplace business rules and procedures of our customers, we have established our own standards, as we work to raise the level of our safety and health management.
- We utilize occupational safety and health management systems and implement kaizen (continuous improvement) as we aim to continually raise safety and health levels.
- To promote safety and health activities at all companies throughout the Toyota Tsusho Group, we will establish the necessary organizations and structures and clarify the locations of responsibilities.
- To progress with the creation of comfortable and healthy workplaces, we will provide all employees with sufficient and necessary education for ensuring their safety and health.
The management of Health and Safety within Toyota Tsusho Group is of paramount importance. The safety of our people is embedded into each and every working practice and begins with our slogan ANZEN FIRST, Anzen being the Japanese term for safety.
Although we do not currently hold any recognised certification to demonstrate our compliance with country and regional safety legislation our internal compliance team manage a system which is designed to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 the basis of this system being our policy for health and safety.
Toyota Tsusho Corporation's Corporate Philosophy sets forth the company's raison d' etre and the resolve with which it manages its operations. Our Behavioral Guidelines define a code of action for all executives and employees. Toyota Tsusho's basic management philosophy is based on a Fundamental Philosophy of unchanging ideals that should be passed on to future generations. Our Behavioral Guidelines describe how we will conduct CSR activities to realize our Corporate Philosophy.
Living and prospering together with people, society and the Earth, we aim to be a value-generating corporation that contributes to the creation of a prosperous society.
As a good corporate citizen, we will:
- Implement open and fair corporate activities
- Fulfill our social responsibilities and conserve the global environment
- Offer creativity and provide added value
- Respect people and create a responsive workplace striving to achieve job satisfaction
TTESA CSR activity is based on Toyota Tsusho corporate philosophy, "Maintain our co-existence and co-prosperity with humans, society, and the earth, we aim to become a value creating company that contributes to the creation of a prosperous society."
Therefore, our business practice at TTESA focus on the underneath points:
- Corporate Governance
- Internal Control
- Environmental Management
- Health and Safety
- Human Rights
- Mental Healthcare
- Risk Management
- Social Contribution