On the basis of Corporate Philosophy of "living and prospering together with people, society and the Earth," Toyota Tsusho Corporation implements the Toyota Tsusho Group's Environmental Policy. All executives and employees participate in environmental activities to promote this policy.
1. As a responsible corporate citizen, we strive to reduce the following impact on the environment by eliminating environmental pollution, while placing a high priority on not disturbing the global environment in conducting business.
- Address climate change issues, including reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Preservation of forests and biodiversity
- Effective use of resources and energy
- Effective use of water and reduction of the amount of use in water stressed regions
2. We promote environment-related businesses, such as the efficient use of waste and the preservation of natural resources and contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented economy and society in collaboration with our affiliates and business partners.
3. We comply with all environmental requirements, including environmental laws and regulations and industry guidelines.
4. We participate in activities to reduce impact on the environment by establishing an environmental management system and implement Kaizen (continuous improvement) of these activities through periodic review and the application of creative ideas.
5. We enhance environmental awareness among employees by providing environmental training and promoting a thorough understanding of our environmental policy.